Mini Pineapple Cakes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Prep time 20 minutes
- 1 fresh peeled pineapple cut into 1 inch pieces (you can used the precut pineapple from publix)
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice and 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 canola oil
- 2/3 cup coconut water
- 11/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cake flour
- 4 tablespoons of flax meal
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut
6 CUP MINI BUNDT PAN or LARGE CAKE PAN 8X16
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. butter and flour bundt pan
For cakes: Place the pineapple in the food processor. Pulse until coarsely. In a 10 inch non stick skillet, combine the chopped pineapple, 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, sugar and butter over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, stir occasionally. Cook until the liquid evaporates and the mixture begins to brown, about 10-15 minutes. Spoon the pineapple mixture into the prepared pan.
In a large mixing bowl, combine egg whites, coconut water, canola oil, almond extract, flour, flax meal, shredded coconut, sugar and 2/3 cup of pineapple juice. Using an electric hand mixer beat the mixture on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour the batter over the cooked pineapple. Bake for 28-30 minutes until the cakes begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and the tops are golden brown. Allow the cakes to cool for 15minutes. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the cakes. Put a baking sheet, upside down, on top of the parchment paper. Flip both pans over and allow the cakes to cool completely while still in the bundt pan, about 1 hour. Unmold the cakes and place on individual serving plates
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 Cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal 3 tbsp water) combine and let sit for 5 minutes
- 1 t vanilla
- ½ t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 Cups whole wheat flour/gluten free flour
- 2½ Cups oats, rolled or steel cut or for oatmeal
- 2 or 3 Cups raisins, dates, chocolate chips, carob chips, dried fruit in any combination
Thoroughly blend bananas and sugar. Add flax egg and beat thoroughly. Add in vanilla, salt, baking soda, flour, and oats, beating at medium speed after each addition. Stir in other ingredients. Press golf ball size scoops onto a non-stick baking sheet 2" apart. Bake at 400° F. for 8-10 minutes or until brown. Allow time to cool completely.
Raw Chocolate Cheesecake
A rich chocolate cheesecake, that's free of dairy and refined sugars, and loaded with a full CUP of veggies
PREP TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 cup raw pecans
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 cups raw cashews (no need to soak)
- 1 cup peeled & diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Prepare the crust by placing the pecans in a food processor fitted with an S-blade, and grind them into fine meal. Add in the rest of the crust ingredients, and process again until well combined. Line the bottom of an 8-inch spring form pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper, then press the crust evenly into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer to set, while you prepare the filling.
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, process the raw cashews until they are a fine powder. Add in the zucchini, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt, and blend again until a smooth and creamy batter is formed. Add in the melted coconut oil, and blend again to fully incorporate the ingredients into a uniform filling.
- Pour the filling into the frozen pie crust, and allow to set for 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve directly from the freezer, for best texture. *Note: This cheesecake will become quite soft if left out at room temperature, so be sure to keep it chilled!
Lemon Zest Chia Pudding
- 1 cup of unsweetened plant milk (I use soy)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, maple syrup, Turmeric and salt, add in the chia seeds and whisk until very well combined. Place in the fridge for about 20 minutes, remove and whisk again, cover and place back in the fridge overnight or at least 2 hours. Chia pudding will be good for 7 days in a sealed air tight container
Raspberry Tofu Mousse
This fresh raspberry mousse is easy to prepare and is a great guilt-free dessert.
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Cook: 120
Number of Servings: 4
- 225g (8 oz) fresh raspberries
- 350g (12 1/3 oz) soft silken tofu
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbs. (1 1/2 fl.oz) honey/maple syrup
Combine all the ingredients and blend. Divide the mixture between four dessert dishes and chill for up to 2 hours. Garnish with reserved raspberries and serve.
Hint: Can use frozen raspberries, allow to thaw and drain before processing.
3 ingredients chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup of aquafaba (aquafaba is the liquid from a can chickpea)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 coconut milk (from a can)
- Whisk the aquafaba with a high speed blender until fluffy and look like whisked egg whites.
- stir in the melted chocolate chips
- then the coconut milk
- separate into 4 small dessert dishes refrigerator for 2-3 hours and then decorate with berries.